Indoor and Outdoor Emergency Notification from One Command Center
Witness the seamless integration of two systems: Metis Secure Solutions and IML Corporation have joined forces. Emergency managers can now manage indoor and outdoor notification needs, including notifications via outdoor loudspeakers, from a single easy-to-use interface. They can view, select, and send messages to MS-5100 Indoor Alerting Stations, MS-6100 Outdor Emergency Help Stations, and SoundCommander outdoor loudspeakers from the Metis Secure Command Center software.
One of the core features of this combined notification system is that the Alerting Stations and loudspeakers are optimized for the delivery of intelligible voice instruction. NFPA 72 (National Fire Protection Associations) and UFC (United Facilities Criteria) both emphasize the importance of intelligible voice instructions to specific locations.
Here are some other key reasons to implement this solution:
- Saves precious minutes over non-integrated systems by reducing the time to deliver warning messages
- Send specific messages to outdoor locations, for example "Tornado approaching - seek shelter indoors," and then send separate messages to people indoors, such as "shelter in place in the basement."
- Area maps and building floor plans showing the location of outdoor loudspeakers and indoor and outdoor Alerting Stations for easy selection in the Command Center software
- Increased flexibility -- allows multiple authorized users to send messages from any location on-site or off
- Multiple networking and power technologies to help ensure that the messages are delivered in any situation.