Emergency Help Calls
Metis Secure delivers emergency notification, communications, and management systems that help you respond much more quickly and effectively in an emergency. Call or email today for more information.
Click this image below to see a video showing how Metis Secure works in buildings, schools, hopitals etc.
When people at your site need help, all they have to do is press a button.
How the Request for Help feature works for a person in need
- Person presses illuminated Help button.
- Person speaks live to security or police. Emergency Help Stations support two-way, hands-free communication.
- Security or police speak to the caller and dispatch help if needed.
How the Request for Help feature works for security dispatchers
- The instant a button is pressed, a "Call for Help" voice alert is repeated continuously through the Command Center software. Security dispatchers can immediately see the specific location of the button press.
- Security dispatcher speaks live to the person in need
- Security dispatchers can quickly dispatch officers, EMT, HAZMAT, or whoever is necessary, to the specific location.
- If the Request for Help involves an emergency that may affect others, dispatchers can immediately send a targeted or broad emergency notification through the Command Center to specific areas or the entire site.
- The entire call is recorded and logged for future reporting and review.
For security patrols, emergency help calls can be automatically routed to hand-held radios. The system can also be monitored remotely, from a third-party central station.